15 Jun 2011

Unexplained Black & White Photographs

I have no idea what is going on in these photos, but nobody else does either. These images are a part of a list of "50 Unexplained Black & White Photographs", which I have had bookmarked for some time. It's the kind of list that gets passed around and shared a lot but for all the people that may not have stumbled across it I thought I'd share it with you. Here's some of my favourites.

I like that fact I don't really have a clue at what I'm looking at or what events followed. It doesn't really matter, that's where our imagination comes in. It's ingrained within us all to be curious about life and the unknown, I guess that is why we look back at our childhood with such fond memories. I guess I would like to know about who the people are and why they're doing what they're doing but for now it's up to us to make our own minds up. 

To see the full list click here

15 comments:

  1. Weird, but in an interesting way :)


    Fashezine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so rare!! haha! (do people in England use that expression too? cuz in Northern Ireland it means ... special, as in stop eating that toothpaste special) Anyhow, they are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous21:02

    Gosh, these are seriously bizzare! I really like them though, they're incredibly interesting. Probably a way of having a bit of a laugh I suppose! Kind of reminds me of Dali's wacky photographs with flying cats http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_TZ4zYEBSw1I/SdfK8ArWiTI/AAAAAAAAJyw/IgeLRbjzj1w/s1600/salvador_dali_2.jpg actually! Cheers for sharing these, will have a good look at all of them after the apprentice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! These are wonderful mat. I especially love the last picture and the girl with the tiger cub. I'm imagining it's her pet. My grandad tells me his mum kept a monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are all so strangely amusing.. but the first one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol seriously.. he's brushing that thing! :\

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heeey ! What a nice blog ! :)
    I just created mine : french lifestyle+fashion blog ! Come around and become a member if you like it !

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. Thanks for sharing! The first one frightens me a bit. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. some of them look really silly i must say. but that makes them all the more interesting.

    nouveauskin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha! these are great...i love the cluelessness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, this made me smile a lot! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't that, to a certain extent, what all photos are? Unexplained? I mean purely the photo on its own. I love these though. Nice picks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's funny, because I tend to think that weird-ass stuff like this didn't exist in black and white times...stuff that is abound in modern days, making its rounds on the web. But these prove that oh so wrong; these images are like the great grand-parents of "awkward family photos."

    P.S.--I hadn't seen any of these photos before, so thanks for posting them. Definitely just cheered me up. I think the first is my favorite of the ones you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous16:26

    THESE ARE ALL AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha some of these are kind of hilarious! I love it! they're so odd(and odd in my vocabulary is always good)

    Paolina
    check me out!

    calurvillade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment. Please leave your URL so we can visit your site.