15 Nov 2011

Clean Everything

It's getting towards that time of year again when I'm starting the think about Christmas gifts for the friends and fam. I've already bought a couple of small things and I know if I leave it too late I'll end up stressing myself out and just asking people what they would like, which we all know is no fun. Call this a "gifts ideas" post if you will. I freaking love wallets, it's one of those items that I head for first when I go in a shop. Partly because they're usually attainable in terms of price and the other is that I use a wallet every single day of the year. So for me a decent wallet makes the perfect present for a chap. 

Clean Everything are a new brand to me, and they're starting off with some big guns. Above is their minimalist vegetable-tanned leather wallet, hand-cut from one single piece of premium leather. I like the fact it doesn't have any stitching on the outer and is held together with a single large gold button, plus the name is pretty cool too. Numbers are limited to 199 pieces and coming in at £43 it seems really to val for something handmade. Visit Clean Everything for more deets.
I thought I'd take the opportunity to show you my wallet collection

From top to bottom:

- Calvin Klein card/coin holder. Bought this on a whim in an outlet. The zip totally broke after a week, it was only cheap but it's a pile of crap. It now holds business cards.

- Topman Premium leather dogtooth zip wallet. I've used this solid for 2 years and it's still in brilliant nic. 100% leather and only cost me £7 so it's probably one of my best buys to date. Features a nice red and white candy stripe inside.

- Comme des Garcons leather bright blue zip wallet. I won this in a competition last summer. Works pretty similar to the Topman wallet although it's more delicate and it's a finer leather. Still great though, I use this one for more fancy times. Fits in the back pocket perfectly and has a bit of wow factor, but I do wish it had a proper lining.

- Marks & Spencer's tan leather wallet. I've had this one for about 5 years now and it's been a right treat for £22. Has a million or so compartments/zips/spaces and the leather has worn really nicely. Used this solid for a few years but the only objection is that it doesn't fit in your back pocket so well. I mean it does, but you're not going to have a lot of fun sitting down on it.
Hollie, Nero's card & business cards come everywhere with me.

Has this helped with Christmas present ideas at all?

16 comments:

  1. Ohh my bro would love one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photograph of your wallet collection ! I am going to check out the clean everything website now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cool brand...i have to go check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! some good tips for the various males in my life (I have 3 brothers for a start..!)

    Btw, speaking of work boots, as we were last week, check out the dude in my post's footwear - it's some serious boot

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great collection you have here. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is a great post! It's not something I've thought about since I tend to just use a purse till it falls apart...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just can't beat M&S really. My current purse (you know, I feel too many calling it a wallet) cost me a bomb (£60!! I hardly ever spend that much in one go!) but it's lasted me over six years and has plenty more wear in it, so that makes it more bearable. Love that Clean Everything one too actually, shame I wouldn't fit half my coffee cards in it (yep, I've got a nero one too, as well as costa and pret...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is lovely. Mostly I just want it for me... Agree with you about the real life look/quality of Zara clothes - often disappointing. Pity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:23

    As if they are handmade!! Stuff everyone else I want one for myself ha :P
    Thanks for your comment btw, I did see the Dali - like you said, totally wasn't expecting it but what an impressive piece of work! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look of that wallet, might stretch to one for the husbands Christmas. I'm a total purse hoarder, I reckon I have at least 20 in my drawer :/ x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, how nice you carry a picture of your girlfriend in your wallet! That first one looks awesome, and they ship to the US too, nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, to more male gifts!!! I am having such a hard time coming up with things. These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Clean Everything wallet (I'm not going to call it purse again :) is definitely my favourite. Super presi for men and women!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous20:39

    Ah, I remember a post you wrote showcasing a few very colourful wallets not too long ago, so I had a feeling you were into your wallets! I think they're a perfect gift for a man, my brother is hopeless so he's always loosing/misplacing his. You've given me a great idea to check some out for him actually!

    I never know what to get for blokes really, it always ends up being socks, chocolates or toiletries - which are a big yawn I suppose to most men, unless they're very jazzy awesome socks of course!

    What sort of things to you reccomend? I have a few to get this year but want to try something different, without like you said spoiling the fun and asking them what they would like.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:12

    those are some classic coin holders, very stylish! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. i would rather like one of those wallets. me being a girl is completely irrelevant.

    also, i just wanted to say that i've just discovered your blog and i really like all the design posts. they're so interesting to read and look through.

    i'm definitely going to be keeping up to date with your posts :)

    from helen @ thelovecatsINC

    http://thelovecatsinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment. Please leave your URL so we can visit your site.