21 Nov 2011

Inspiration - Bernhard Lang's Aerial Views

With all the different types of media we're exposed to each day it's progressively taking more and more to properly grab my attention. I'm not saying I don't find a lot of inspiring things, of course I do but sometimes it takes something coming from a slightly different angle or perspective to stop me in my tracks. Bernhard Lang's Aerial Views project made me turn my music off and demanded my full attention.

I love it when this happens, it's basically my brain's way of saying "you should check this out, you'll really like it". The German born photography, Bernhard Land has spent the last couple of years traveling the world to find perfect locations to capture these really unique aerial images. I came across his work via the Coggles Sunday email where the top images was shown, quickly I found his Behance profile and then onto his own website. I was truly blown away by his work, there's a playful, surreal and slightly animated (reminded me of a stop motion project about the seaside, really can't remember who it's by though sadly) feel to them.

I hope you enjoy this series as much as I did. This is only a small selection of his Aerial Views, just go to his website and Behance profile to see a whole load more. Images all belong to the man himself.

Also I just wanted to say how happy I am to have reached 400 followers and a massive thank you to all you guys. I'm glad you enjoy reading what I have to say and post about, it means a lot to me.

21 comments:

  1. how do you always come across the most amazing of things?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I especially love the heart image and the swimming pools! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mat these are spectacular: I thought at first, the top one was frost on a window. You have inspired me, actually - I've come to do my one-comment-for-the day (and to thank you, glad you're going back to basics, too) and here I am - a double bonus: I am inspired!

    In fact... I bet if I search around, I might be able to find pre-blog, pre-digital, film shots of some circular fields above Andalusia, on the way to the Hurricane Hotel. YES. I will find it, and do a post, and credit you - and Bernhard Lang, of course- for the inspiration.

    It is such a free feeling to know that I can keep on doing my blog - and be oblivious to press days, promoting brands, competing with other 'fashion bloggers' for numbers, followers.. just to rise above all of that.

    I aspire to get my blog to have the kind of integrity yours does. To post what I want, when I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, these are awesome. I really love the 3rd picture! Brb, going to his website!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing.

    I know what you mean about being a bit overwhelmed by media sometimes. I feel like so much *stuff* has made me a bit jaded when it comes to being wowed in this way - but thankfully somethings still have it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, those are really cool. i like the pool one a lot..

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a geologist I use a lot of remote sensing and satellite images, and it never stops amazing me! You should check out earthquake interferograms if you want to see something cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. What's also amazing to see is someone's work where they've obviously planned meticulously, gone to a lot of trouble & also presented something truly different. Absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. & big congratulations on the followers! You well deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great images! Very exciting find

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, these are so cool. the solar power roof one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous20:38

    These are incredibly beautiful. I keep looking at the individual images and everytime a different aspect of the photograph catches your attention. The first is ever so sweet! Breathtaking infact!

    When I look at the forth it's as if someone has drew lines in red and blue ink! Wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing, this is just amazing. I will be heading over to his website as I am just blown away by these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are incredible Mat! Totally the sort of images that are difficult to look away from. So interesting to see the world from an entirely different view. Love coming to your blog to find these sort of gems I'd never hear about otherwise! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful. I remember an exhibition called the Earth from Above back when I was wee that blew me away. Such an interesting viewpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning, loving his "Compositions".
    Congratulations on 400 followers:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have such a knack for sourcing the most incredible images! Always breathtaking, never boring.

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh these are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are great! I definitely feel some inspiration!!

    P.C. Progeny
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/PC-Progeny/140227272654010?ref=tn_tnmn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful graphic images. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally awesome.

    400 followers. I ain't surprised. Your blog is so good that it deserves thousands followers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment. Please leave your URL so we can visit your site.